IllFonic is looking for a Build Engineer to join our talented game development team. Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Golden, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, Crysis 3, and Nexuiz.
As a Build Engineer, you will work side by side with developers and testers to automate repetitive tasks and provide feedback. The role involves a high amount of communication and strong verbal and written skills. The job requires 2+ years relevant experience, a strong understanding of continuous integration/delivery systems as well as version control. Additionally, your ability to take on any task that is presented to you is hugely beneficial to the company.
We are looking for team players who work well in a collaborative environment and who are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.
- Implement workflow automations as requested by the development team
- Handle delivery of game builds for testing and to market
- Monitor ongoing automations for potential flaws or optimizations
- Develop tools for automated quality assurance
- Analyze production errors to determine root cause
- Write clear documentation describing proper use of automated workflows
- 2+ years in Build Engineering or similar software industry experience
- Experience using continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience using scripting languages such as Groovy or Python
- Experience working with containerized and virtualized systems
- Experience with Windows and Unix based environments
- Understanding of distributed version control systems
- Understanding of large scale infrastructure management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to minute details
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Groovy/Java
- Experience with game console development (XboxOne, PS4, Switch)
- Shipped game title(s)