Available Office Locations
Golden, CO / Tacoma, WA
About the Job
IllFonic is looking for a Principal Technical Artist to help guide the technical aspects of content creation and implementation. The role requires a technical mind that is adept at creating new pipelines, as well as refining pipelines that have already been established. In addition to supporting the team with shader material creation, performance enhancement and optimization, the candidate should also be well versed in tools creation. This role requires adhering to schedules and benefits greatly from strong communication skills.
Qualified applicants will need to send a portfolio of their work, complete a test, as well as interview both over the phone and in person in order to be considered. We are looking for team players that are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Work with the Art, Animation and Engineering teams to identify ways to increase efficiencies in production pipelines and identify risks or flaws in proposed and existing pipelines
- Propose solutions and optimize content for memory and performance concerns on PC and Consoles
- Develop and maintain art asset pipelines, and collaborate with the Art team to optimize workflows, authoring new tools as necessary.
- Be proactive, and develop and implement new ideas/solutions to problems as they arise.
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly play test builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Technical Artist
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of 6 years experience or 2 shipped titles as a Technical Artist using Unreal Engine
- Solid understanding of artist workflows and tool sets
- Working knowledge of in C++ is preferred, along with Python / PySide and MEL with knowledge of 2D/3D art packages
- Familiar with UE4 blueprints or equivalent visual scripting
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to re-usability
- Proactive and results orientated
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- A customer first mentality
- A passion for games