About the Job
IllFonic is looking for a Front End Engineer to join our team. As the Front End Engineer, you will be developing and maintaining the user experience on all our web properties. The ideal candidate will support our analytics websites to fulfill our strategic objectives. The job requires some experience with source control, client side programming, modern databases and a Bachelor's degree or 3+ years of demonstrated web development.
Founded in 2007, IllFonic is an independent video game developer with studios located in Lakewood, CO; Tacoma, WA; and Austin, TX. We offer a flexible work location policy, including work from home full-time, work from office fill-time, and work from office part-time. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Titles and collaborations include, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Markored Warfare, and Nexiuz.
- Build and maintain internal and external web applications.
- Debug software issues that may arise.
- Implement designed features.
- Perform code reviews.
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 3+ years of demonstrated web development
- A thorough understanding of UX principles and design
- Foundational knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with source control (Git, Subversion, Perforce)
- Experience with RESTful Web APIs
- Experience with one or more modern databases (Postgres/MySQL, Redis, MongoDB)
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with ReactJS, ChartJS, Go, Python, and/or Ruby
- Full Stack software development experience
- Experience with development of at least one shipped title