IllFonic is looking for a Graphics Engineer to join the team. This position will focus on graphics systems as well as optimization. You should have a broad knowledge of Unreal Engine and C++ to produce highly scalable and graphics based solutions. Additionally, you must be experienced with rendering pipelines, rendering techniques, shaders and optimization principles. If this sounds like you, apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will contact you.
About the Company
Founded in 2007, IllFonic is an independent video game developer and publisher with studios in Lakewood, Colorado, Tacoma, Washington, and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how indie and middle-market games are made and marketed. Current and past titles / collaborations include Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, Arcadegeddon, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Art, Design, User Experience, Product and Analytics teams to identify needs and work to specifications to implement software solutions.
- Write well crafted, efficient and testable code in C++ and familiar with HLSL/GLSL for Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL and Metal.
- Tackle problems across rendering, optimization, tooling development, and making beautiful visuals run smoothly on a wide range of devices.
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small.
- Regularly playtest builds and provide professional feedback to the team on how to improve our games.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience with at least 1 shipped title
- Proficient with C++
- Python Scripting
- Previous experience with UE4, including rendering pipeline, asset management and profilers
- Optimization skills
- Previous Console Development
- Website, Demo Reel or Portfolio of work preferred
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information
Benefits & Compensation
- Flexible work location options including remote, hybrid or in office
- 100% employee paid medical, dental and vision coverage + 50% coverage for dependents
- 401k + 4% company match
- Competitive salary in the independent game developer market, with career progression and continued education encouraged and supported by management at all levels
- Royalty Bonus Plan paid out after each calendar quarter during the year
- Wellness Program that rewards work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO and almost 7 weeks of mandated time off of work annually including First Friday Wellness Days of each month, Summer Break the week of 4th of July, Winter Break the last two weeks of the year, and an additional 7 holidays during the year
- Moonlighting allowed for all non-competitive endeavors