IllFonic seeks a Tech Producer to join our team of talented game developers. This individual will manage schedules and remove roadblocks for developers, with a focus on the Engineering team. You will work closely with Engineers to curate, manage, and triage the ever-changing JIRA backlog. The Tech Producer will be highly involved with any new requests or changes of priorities for the Engineering team.
Qualified candidates are expected to be highly organized, and self-motivated, with excellent communication skills. We are looking for team players who work well in a collaborative environment and who are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.
Founded in 2007, IllFonic is an independent video game developer and publisher with studios in Lakewood, Colorado, and Tacoma, Washington. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how indie and middle-market games are made and marketed. Current and Past titles / collaborations include Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, Arcadegeddon, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Help drive the production team and various development disciplines in scheduling meetings, taking notes during meetings and communicating those updates outwards to the team
- Collaborate with Engineering team to identify roadblocks, identify impact of scope changes and ensure visibility across all teams.
- Reduce the developer "back and forth" by digesting non-engineering requests and translating them into actionable tickets for engineers
- Help drive the production team and development teams in tracking down various information regarding software, hardware, and questions about development
- Keep a wide range of documents up to date with information as it changes (Word, Google Docs, Excel, Google Sheets, MS Project)
- Help the production teams by communicating risks to the schedule, as well as help to create mitigation plans to offset risks
- Communicate up any risks and possible mitigation plans to the production and leadership teams
- Ownership of assigned portions of the company roadmap, project spotlight charts as well as detailed project GANTT charts in order to track deliverables, deadlines and dependencies as necessary to keep assigned work on track
- Work with the production team and Sr. Management to help determine resources needed to complete work to meet milestones and schedules on time
- Mentor other production and QA staff
- Identify issues and help to improve production processes
- Be the first line of Quality Control during project development
- 2+ years of professional experience in the video game industry as a Producer with at least 1 shipped title
- Mastery with the following software; JIRA, MS Office Suite, and Google Suite
- Mastery with Unreal Game Sync (UGS)
- Highly organized and self-motivated with strong people skills
- Fast learner, resourceful and computer savvy
- Analytical thinker that can identify and break down complex problems to communicate them up
- Solid understanding of programming languages (such as C++ and Python) and/or Blueprints
- Previous Engineer experience as it pertains to videogame development
- Previous experience in game development or training/schooling in a game development discipline.
- Project Management Training / Agile Training and Certificates
- Project Management Training and Certificates
- College Degree