IllFonic is seeking a Principal Technical Animator to join our team on our next great title for PC and consoles. This job requires a technically minded individual that is adept at working in animation-centric pipelines. As a Principal Technical Animator, you will work with Engineers and the Technical Art Director and Animation Leads to create and refine rigs, animations, and physics-driven components. Applicants must have good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a collaborative development environment.
Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Lakewood, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Arcadegeddon, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Work with the Technical Art Director and Animation leads to develop animation systems and rigs that support the proposed artistic and design goals.
- Setup character graphs and work with engineering to achieve feature rich player experiences
- Create believable animations that are both artistically sound and compliment design functions using both keyframe and motion capture animation
- Create animations for cinematics and gameplay
- Animation supportive scripting through MEL, MaxScript or Python
- Work with Outsourcers to help them to create animation ready characters for use in game.
- Create and modify meshes to ensure correct topology is achieved
- Communicate effectively and work well under tight deadlines
- Collaborate with the development team to improve production pipeline and to enhance the cohesion of the studios and its process
- Work with production to communicate updates and potential unknowns that may have an impact on established schedules
- 7+ years professional experience
- Portfolio showing a solid grasp on rigging and setting up animation systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of all current with animation systems/features contained within UE4 (4.19 and above)
- Expertise with one or more scripting languages, Mel, Python, PyMel, C#
- Expert knowledge of current 3D software (Maya and MotionBuilder)
- Ability to create realistic, stylized, and mechanical animations
- An understanding of human anatomy and how it pertains to animation principles and systems
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Strong communication skills
- Proven experience working closely with other disciplines
- Passion for playing and creating games