IllFonic is seeking an experienced Lighting Artist to join our team on our next great title for PC and consoles. Do you have the ability and technical skills to bring light to any room or landscape? Do you live for the latest tools and technologies to enable you to take your skills to the next level? Are you passionate about making games and stunning visuals? If so, you should join our creative and innovative game studio where you will help build amazing looking gameplay environments.
Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Lakewood, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. We offer a flexible work location policy, including work from home full-time, work from office full-time, and work from office part-time. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Titles and collaborations include Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Work closely with other developers to create and continually improve lighting best practices across the game and studio.
- Knowledge of working within an HDR pipeline
- Check and Verify assets for proper PBR ranges and values to maintain consistent visual fidelity
- Verify the consistency of lightmaps and assets that influence lighting results.
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting i.e. dynamic, prebaked, interior and exterior setups, cinematic set, and character lighting.
- Study and evaluate new techniques and technologies to improve art quality or workflows
- Work closely with the Art Director to bring their vision to life
- Has a good understanding of color theory and practical lighting concepts
- Portfolio of work demonstrating skills as a 3d/lighting Artist
- At least 1 title shipped using Unreal Engine
- Skilled in creating and understanding PBR materials
- Beginner Level experience in Substance Painter, Substance Designer, or/and Quixel Suite
- 1+ years of professional experience developing high-quality game titles
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self-driven with strong communication skills
- Some experience working closely with many other disciplines as well as being a team player
- Working understanding of lighting, composition, and set dressing
- Working understanding of Maya/Max, Photoshop, ZBrush
- Working understanding of current game art pipelines and methodologies