Available Office Locations
Lakewood, CO | Tacoma, WA | Austin, TX
About the Job
IllFonic is seeking an experienced Senior Animator to join our team on our next great title for PC and consoles.
This job requires an adept animator with experience animating different types of characters, through both keyframe and motion capture. As a Senior Animator, you will work with the Animation Lead to help define the quality of gameplay and cinematic animations. Applicants must have good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a collaborative development environment.
- Work with the Animation Lead to help define the look and feel of the animations.
- Documentation for all import/export and implementation tasks
- Produce animation blockouts and demonstrate conceptual ideas to the team.
- Create animations for cinematics in addition to gameplay-related animations.
- Using both keyframe and/or motion capture animation to create believable animations that are functionally sound and design compliant.
- Work with all departments as the point of contact when animation issues within the engine occur.
- Ushering animations through creation to successful implementation into Unreal Engine 4 (UE4)
- Work with production to keep them aware of any issues that may impact established schedules
- Mentor and give advice to more junior level animators when necessary
- Tuning blend times for montages and state changes inside the Anim Graph in UE4
- Responsible for the implementation of animations in UE4 once mocap has been processed
- Responsible for tuning blend times, anim dynamics, anim notifies, and animation LODS within UE4 to maximize performance
- A strong portfolio showing a solid grasp of various forms of animation.
- The ability to create realistic, stylized, and mechanical animations
- Experience working with and adjusting mo-cap data.
- Must have a firm understanding of effective asset creation and optimization within UE4
- Practical knowledge of current 3D software (Maya and MotionBuilder)
- Task Driven, self-motivated, proactive, and organized.
- 4+ years of professional experience creating PC/console games with a least 2 shipped titles
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self-driven with strong communication skills