IllFonic is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to build and lead a team for our various IPs. This role requires an experienced and technically minded individual that previously led Tech Art teams. The ideal candidate will be adept at establishing pipelines and standards, as well as identifying the strengths and weaknesses of their team to identify developmental opportunities. In addition to leading the team, you will also create tools, shaders and scripts while adhering to (and communicating) schedules and project goals. If this sounds like you, apply today and we will reach out with next steps.
A little about us
Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game development and publishing company with studios in Lakewood, Colorado and Tacoma, Washington. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Current and post titles / collaborations include Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, Arcadegeddon, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Work with the production team and task management system (Jira/SmartSheets) to manage tech art workload and priorities.
- Lead, develop and grow team members in their various areas of expertise by working with the existing Tech Artists in a mentor capacity - including knowledge of NEW and OLD techniques that objectively improve tech art production.
- Proficiency in artist workflows and toolsets (e.g. Maya, 3Dsmax, Photoshop, ect...)
- Material Framework: building intelligent material systems that speak to
- Gameplay mechanics
- Customization features
- Performance switches
- Post process effects
- Act as a bridge connecting the Graphics Engineers to the Art Department
- Tool authoring: Create tools to be used by developers to speed up creation where unreal functionality falls short
- VFX support: Aids the VFX team in creating hooks for their particle systems. Interfaces with the Design and Engineering departments to do so
- Propose solutions and optimize content for memory and performance concerns on PC and Consoles
- Communicate all project pipelines, workflows and objectives to the Executive team as well as across various departments as necessary
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Technical Artist
- Must have a minimum of 6 years experience
- 3+ shipped titles (one or more titles as a Lead)
- Experience with optimization and platform specific profiling.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as its required
- A customer first mentality
- A passion for games
- Houdini: knowledge to create tools and/or content for our artist to leverage to speed up quality and quantity.
- AI knowledge: Finger on the pulse of up and coming AI tools to help speed up the creation of scipts/tools/unreal blueprints etc.
- Proficiency in one (or more) of the following: C++, Python, MEL or HLSL
- Blueprint Logic: Assist in building functionality for game play mechanics and effects
What’s in it for you
- Flexible work location options including remote, hybrid or in office
- 100% employee paid medical, dental and vision coverage + 50% coverage for dependents
- 401k + 4% company match
- Competitive salary in the independent game developer market, with career progression and continued education encouraged and supported by management at all levels
- Royalty Bonus Plan paid out after each calendar quarter during the year
- Wellness Program that rewards work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO and over 4 weeks of mandated time off of work annually including Summer Break( the week of 4th of July), Winter Break (the last two weeks of the year) and an additional 7 holidays during the year
- Moonlighting allowed for all non-competitive endeavors