Senior Technical Animator
IllFonic is seeking a Senior Technical Animator to join our team on our next great title for PC and consoles. This job requires a technically minded individual that is adept at working in animation-centric pipelines. As a Senior Technical Animator, you will work with Engineers and the Animation Lead to create rigs, animations, and physics-driven components. Applicants must have good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a collaborative development environment. If this sounds like you, apply today and we will reach out with next steps.
About the Company
Founded in 2007, IllFonic is an independent video game developer and publisher with studios in Lakewood, Colorado, Tacoma, Washington, and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how indie and middle-market games are made and marketed. Past titles and collaborations include Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, Arcadegeddon, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Work with the Art Director and Animation lead to develop animation systems and rigs that support the proposed artistic and design goals
- Setup character graphs and work with engineering to achieve feature rich player experiences
- Create believable animations that are both artistically sound and compliment design functions using both keyframe and motion capture animation
- Create animations for cinematics and gameplay
- Animation supportive scripting through MEL, MaxScript or Python
- Create and modify meshes to ensure correct topology is achieved
- Communicate effectively and work well under tight deadlines
- Collaborate with the development team to improve production pipeline and to enhance the cohesion of the studios and its process
- Work with production to communicate updates and potential unknowns that may have an impact on established schedules
- 5+ years professional experience
- Portfolio showing a solid grasp on rigging and setting up animation systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of all current with animation systems/features contained within UE4
- Comprehensive knowledge of current 3D software (Maya and MotionBuilder)
- Competent with one or more scripting languages
- Ability to create realistic, stylized, and mechanical animations
- An understanding of human anatomy and how it pertains to animation principles and systems
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization
- Task Driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Strong communication skills
- Proven experience working closely with other disciplines
- Passion for playing and creating games
Benefits & Compensation
- Flexible work location options including remote, hybrid or in office.
- 100% employee paid medical, dental and vision coverage + 50% coverage for dependents.
- 401k + 4% company match.
- Competitive salary in the independent game developer market, with career progression and continued education encouraged and supported by management at all levels.
- Royalty Bonus Plan paid out after each calendar quarter during the year.
- Wellness Program that rewards work-life balance.
- Unlimited PTO and almost 7 weeks of mandated time off of work annually including First Friday Wellness Days of each month, Summer Break the week of 4th of July, Winter Break the last two weeks of the year, and an additional 7 holidays during the year.
- Moonlighting allowed for all non-competitive endeavors.