Junior VFX Artist
IllFonic is seeking a Junior VFX Artist to join our team on our next great title for PC and consoles. Do you have an amazing eye for creating amazing, mind-blowing effects? Are you passionate about the process of conceptualizing, creating, and animating environment, character, and combat effects? If so, you should join our creative and innovative game studio where you will help build visually compelling gameplay environments.
Qualified applicants will need to send a portfolio of their work, complete a test, as well as interview both over the phone. We are looking for team players that are interested in growing with the company for many years to come.
- Creating high-quality visual effects from concepts and design ideas
- Implement effects within Unreal Engine 4, ensuring they are seamlessly integrated into the game.
- Solicit feedback from lead VFX artists, designers, and art directors to accommodate gameplay and art features into the environment.
- Work with the art director, tech artists, and the lead environment artist to bring a cohesive artistic vision to life.
- Maintain a high artistic quality bar for the game
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a VFX Artist
- An understanding of PBR compliance and lighting
- Experience with a node-based shader editor for use in real-time engines
- Passion for playing and creating games
- Self-driven with good communication skills
- Experience tackling challenges and problem-solving
- Experience working closely with many other disciplines as well as being a team player
- An understanding of one or more 3D editing applications (Houdini, Maya, Blender, etc.)
- An understanding of one or more 2D editing applications (Photoshop, AfterFx, etc.)